What it Means:
- For major economic releases, TopstepFX refers to this economic calendar. Economic releases cause extreme volatility and large price swings, therefore, are very difficult to trade consistently and profitably. Due to this increased risk, all traders in the Trading Combine® Step 2 and Funded Account™ must be flat 1 minute before until 1 minute after a major economic release for the pair that you are trading. The above link will also show you which currency is affected by the release.
- You only need to be flat if the currency you are trading is listed in that release.
- Those in the Trading Combine® Step 1 do not need to be flat during any releases.
Why it is Important:
- This allows the market to digest new information, ensuring responsible risk management
- It’s important to know what releases affect the pair(s) you are trading